Saturday, November 28, 2009

Make New Friends, But Keep the Old. . .

Are you as lucky as I am in that you have two dear, dear women in your life who have been your buds since 8th grade and with whom you can pick up a conversation after weeks or months as if no time at all had passed?

I got to have coffee today with two such darlings.


I was always crazy jealous of Jaime's curly hair and beautiful singing voice. And Debbie and I could laugh about anything. When we were in high school, we'd phone each other any time we heard the song, "Dizzy," playing on the radio! (this was before cell phones and texting)

What a blessing cherished friends are. . ."Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold."

Speaking of friends: I'm jetting off to New Orleans tomorrow to meet up with Mary Nethery. She and I are presenting at the IRA regional conference in New Orleans. . . with Bobbies illustrator, Jean Cassels. The first time ever the three of us will be together.

If you're in the neighborhood, drop in. We're also signing at Octavia Books on Monday, at 4 pm. Be there or be square.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet post, Kirby! I have been blessed with the best-ever best friend since second grade (though I know second grade is more recent for me than eighth is for you--even so, it's a good chunk of my life!) and I get to see her in just a couple weeks. We used to call each other when we heard Mariah Carey's "Always be my Baby" in middle school (just so you aren't the only one dating yourself:)

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete