Saturday, April 11, 2009

Books on the Brain

(Pardon any typos but this is my trial post using my darling Sweet Pea eee -- the keyboard is about half size and my fingers aren't as nimble as they used to be!)

A favorite Groucho Marx quote: "Who says TV isn't educational? Every time someone turns it on, I pick up a book."

There are always so many books and though I try, I can't keep up. I rely on recommendations from my GoodReads friends and heads' up from friends. But now I have two new sources!

Former All-For-Kidders, Rene Kirkpatrick and Sue Nevins (now at Third Place Books and Mockingbird Books, respectively) are blogging about their favorite reads. So if you can't make it out to Third Place at Lake Forest Park or to Mockingbird over by Greenlake, you can still "talk" books with these two manuscript mavens. Though Rene is now a buyer for adult books, she can't turn away from her true love, books for children and young adults. And I was honored to see Hattie Big Sky on Sue's bookshelf. She also shared the news about the Two Bobbies earning a nomination for the 2009-2010 Washington Children's Choice Picture Book Award.

So, if you're looking for something to read, check out what Sue and Rene have to say -- or you could friend me at GoodReads!

No comments:

Post a Comment