Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Battle of the Sexes


I don't have it all together yet, but I have an awesome group of folks who have cheerfully agreed to participate in a blog "discussion" of the whole boy book/girl book issue.

As soon as I compile their comments, you will hear here from the likes of librarians Jerene Battisti and Nancy Pearl and writers Erin Blakemore, Dave Patneaude, Rodman Philbrick, Jon Sciezska, Joni Sensel, Terry Trueman and Ben Watson, plus avid reader, Tyler Larson (NYU Film School grad, Associate Producer at HBO, and son of a certain blogger).

Give me a week. . .or so.

It's gonna be good!

8 comments:

  1. I may not be on your list, but I have some very strong opinions on this issue. Can't wait to see what others have to say about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm with Martha, can't wait. That Tyler guy's mom is really awesome, I've heard...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea. I can't wait to read the discussion. Thanks, Kirby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I just looked at your picture on the book jacket for HATTIE and you can't possibly have a son who's a college grad! (Unless you were like 12 when you had him.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tricia, the women in our family are blessed with young faces and cursed with ample hips. The two go together.

    Tyler's not only a college grad, but he's been out for 6 years!

    Writing also keeps one young. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so super exciting to me, Kirby. I can't wait to read what you're collecting. Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete