Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ta-Dah

The Fed-Ex man brought two small boxes today. My author's copies of Nubs: The True Story of a Mutt, a Marine and a Miracle!

Woo-hoo!

Rumor has it that People is doing something about Brian and Nubs (and, hopefully, the book) in the October 30 issue (it'll be right after the latest Kate and Jon Plus 8 Minus One installment) and Brian and Nubs will be Matt Lauer's guests on the Today Show on November 2.

We've also gotten lovely reviews in Booklist (a star!) and Kirkus and Kepler's Books in California is crazy about the book.

Good things happen to those who write about stories they love with people they love.

I am living proof.

6 comments:

  1. I will try to wade through Jon and Kate's drama to find coverage of a much more worthwhile subject:) Congrats, Kirby! Can't wait to read this one!

    (Hope your other box was something just as nice.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read it. I didn't even know you were writing this! Congrats on the stars and review happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news, Kirby. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy. I may have to hold it tight when I do get it because my youngest wants to read it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting!!!! Congratulations, Kirby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete