Wednesday, February 16, 2011

That's What I'm Talking About!

Neil should take a hint from the Lacey Loves to Read folks and welcome me home from my next trip with a basket* like this:

With features like this, I may never want to leave the hotel room:

But if I stayed inside all day, I'd miss the great kids today at Lydia Hawk Elementary School, Komachin Middle School, and their teachers and librarians at a meeting this afternoon at North Thurston High School. On Thursday, I'll be at Pleasant Glade Elementary, and Chamber's Prairie Elementary. On Thursday night, I'll be at a community reception at the Lacey Community Center, as will a group of service dogs trained to be book buddies for kids (the organization is called PAWS) and a Lacey Police Officer and her dog, Bret. That party starts at 6:30 -- come on down!

I'll post more about my Lacey visit -- don't worry.

*Thank you to Courtney Schrieve, Communications Director North Thurston Public Schools, Lacey Chamber of Commerce, and the Lacey Loves to Read Committee!

No comments:

Post a Comment