Friday, February 11, 2011

Wish Me Luck

Ever since seeing Julie and Julia* in the theater last year, I have been dying to make Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon. What better time to undertake this labor of love than in honor of the holiday of love?

Come tomorrow night, I will be blanching bacon, sauteing beef and pouring wine. . .some of the latter might even make it into the dinner!

More butter, s'il vous plait!   



*when we came out of the theater, daughter Quinn asked "Why did Meryl Streep talk like that?"

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it turned out wonderfully!

    I was inspired to try the recipe last year - even with a few problems (the baking dish I used ended up not being quite big enough for everything to squeeze in) it was amazingly delicious and Art loved it! Since it was just the two of us, we had leftovers for days, and it was just as delicious reheated.

    : )

    ReplyDelete