Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Better late than never

Blessed by a rainbow!

View of Kingston opposite the ferry dock

the walkway from the ferry
I had the best time at the Fireside Theater in Kingston, talking to a wonderful group of kids and adults who took time out of a busy, sunny Saturday to hear me talk about The Fences Between Us

Energizer Bunny, Suzanne Droppert of Liberty Bay Books in Poulsbo hosted me and she even borrowed some moving and wonderful banners from Bainbridge Island that gave more insights into the War Relocation Camps and their impact on the folks who were sent away to them.

I thoroughly enjoyed chatting with Rose who came prepared with questions and caught me for a pre-talk interview. 
Rose and me in front of one of the borrowed banners

It was a wonderful morning, complete with a lovely ferry ride. I definitely want to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment