Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I love kids!

Okay, I'll admit it. I was smarting a bit from a line in a recent review of The Friendship Doll -- why is it that the negative stuff tattoos itself on our hearts and the good stuff melts away in an instant? -- but then I got a packet of letters from my new friends at Frye Elementary in Chandler, Arizona (see my post). Each letter was wonderful but I was especially touched by Eutiquio's (who has obviously forgiven me for mispronouncing his name when we met) who wrote, "I loved that presentation you did on the 23rd.  You did so great that you inspired me to write books like you." And Bryan's words brought a tear: "You inspired us with joy and with your quest. So thank you for everything. You opened our hearts."




Hard to feel sorry for yourself after mail like that!

1 comment:

  1. I just started reading it today. OMG. I am absolutely mesmerized

    ReplyDelete