Tuesday, September 6, 2011

September 6, 1975

Ah, I remember it like it was yesterday! 

When I burst into tears as we started down the aisle, none of my bridesmaids would even look at me. Dad, never comfortable around tears, simply handed me his hanky. I really did want to be married; it was just that the wedding stuff seemed a bit much (thank god I got married in the 70's and not now!).

We met at 17, married at 21 and are still together a few (ahem) years later. You have to love a man who really never wanted a dog but now loves ours fiercely.

Happy Anniversary, Neil!


Happy Anniversary to sister Ellen and brother-in-law John, also married on this day, but 11 years after us.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!! Here's to many, many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwww. Happy Anniversary, Kirby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I wore the same color tux for my sister's wedding, what style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you were so sweet and young. And how is it that the rest of us seem to age and you grow more and more beautiful?

    ReplyDelete