Monday, November 14, 2011

On the Road Again

Winston says, "Don't forget to pack me, Mom!"

On Wednesday, I'll be heading for NCTE in Chicago, via Little Rock, Arkansas. Our book, Two Bobbies, won the Arkansas Diamond (Young Readers) Award and Mary Nethery, Jean Cassels and I get to receive this lovely honor in person at the Arkansas Reading Association conference on Thursday. Can I just say how excited I am to experience that amazing Arkansas librarian love and to stay once again at the Peabody Hotel with its charming and famous ducks?

In Chicago, I'll be on a panel with fellow history afficionados, Deborah Hopkinson and Jim Murphy. Our topic: Reading Old Stories and Writing New Stories: Ideas for the Classroom From Authors. Come on Friday, November 18, from 9:30 to 10:45 and get some great tips. I plan to talk about growing story from family history.

Planning to be at NCTE? Let me know -- maybe we can meet up!

1 comment: