Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Poetry Party


(more technical glitches with these poetry posts -- the cyber gremlins must have a thing against poetry! Please check in tomorrow for the last of the student poems.)

We had way too much fun with Vida Zuljevic this past week, didn't we? She had a hard time selecting just a few student poems to include in the interview so I thought today's post should be completely devoted to more student work. 

Enjoy!


I Love Music
By Leilani, 5th

Music is loud
and sometimes it’s soft
But I still love it
And the way it sounds.

I use my voice,
I sing, and sing, and sing…
I love the melody
That every song makes
and I play my rhythm
I start to shake,
and move, and dance...
Oh, I love music….

Poetry
By Felichiya
5th
Poetry is a hobby
For everybody
It expresses your feelings
When you are lonely, happy, excited.
It tells what you like or you don’t.
Or your poem can be a gift!
So you see,
Everybody can take pleasure in it.

 

Fall
By Marisol, 3rd

windy, dark
falling, raking, helping
Jackets, sweaters, swimsuits, sandals
playing, swimming, laughing
Hot, sunny
Summer


When Life Is Bad
Raheem, 5th
Why do bad things happen to good people?
We should know how to be equal, so
We all could do stuff together.
Take my hand!
Together we can take a stand
Why get mad when you can be glad for what you have
Everybody should know that nobody is perfect
Doing bad things is not worth it
You shouldn’t even be mad when life is bad
Keep what you have and be glad for what you have.
They’re finally showing me respect
But I had to earn every bit
Everything I did that got me in trouble
Wasn’t really worth it.



I'm Not Moving
By Alexia, 5th

I’m not moving!
I have my friends
I have my family
I'm not moving
Why? I don’t want
to leave them.
That’s why!


Mother
By Liza, 5th
Mother is a wonderful person
She gives you a hug
She gives you a kiss
She sings you a lovely song at night
and tells you
“I love you. Good night!”

                                School
                                By  Alondra, 5th

Smart kids
Caring teachers
Hot lunches, yum!
Outstanding principal
Open books to enjoy
Lovable teachers listening to your problems

Thanksgiving
By Amanda, 4th

Together with my
Happy and        
Adorable family, we admire
November because it is a
Kind of month to celebrate.
Since I have God and my family, I’m happy. I
Go shopping for food for dinner
I like turkey and
Vegetables
I like to share the
Night with my family around the table
God, thank you for everything you give me in my life.

Happy Thanksgiving!


Clown
By Sean, 5th

You said, you’d always be around
Now, you are nowhere to be found
I know, you are just a clown

Jack
By Ramon, 2nd

Poor, curious
Climbing, planting, running
Working hard every day
Gardener


Lady  Bug Spots
Raquel, 5th (a poem for two voices)

Lady                                                              
Bug

Red                                                              
Black
Even pretty while flying                          
Lovely                          
Please, don’t say you don’t like them`                 
Amazing
Could even be prettier than a butterfly
                                                                       
 Kind of small

      Spots

So pretty
                                           Probably the prettiest insects ever
Oh so wonderful
                                           Tiny and
Special



No comments:

Post a Comment