Friday, December 14, 2012

Friend Friday

My friendship with Tom Angleberger started with a fan letter to him after reading The Strange Case of the Origami Yoda. Not only was that book full of heart and humor, it was as if Tom had lived in my house when my son and his friends were in 6th & 7th grade. Obviously, I wasn't the only huge fan of Origami Yoda, nor the only one asking for another book about Tommy, Kellen, Harvey and Dwight (well, maybe not Harvey). And being the obliging kind of guy he is, Tom wrote Darth Paper Strikes Back. And still that wasn't enough for his fans! Hence, the newest book:

 

I was particularly tickled to find my name in the Acknowledgments. That Tom. He is one all right guy!  Rumor has it that a fourth Origami Yoda book is in the works, this time featuring everyone's favorite droid. Now if I could only convince him to write a sequel to Horton Halfpott. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment