Friday, February 8, 2013

Friend Friday

I am one of the lucky nine million people who call Jaime Temairik friend. My beach house is adorned with her charming artwork (I'm especially fond of her Ewelia Child*), my heart has been warmed countless times by her kindnesses and my ribs are sore from all the times she's made me laugh so hard ink sprayed out my nose.

I am so delighted that her newly published picture book (written by David Spellman and Lisa Lutz) is now out. Just a few days ago! 

You are going to love this book. But DO NOT give it to a child who is lobbying for a pet dog, frog or tarantula: after such a child reads this book, you will be spending a lot of time at PetSmart. You can't say I didn't warn you.

The story of how this book came to be is a terrific story in itself but one you can read elsewhere. Like here.

Congratulations, Jaime! 


*You, too, can own Ewelia -- just go to Jaime's Etsy shop.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, Jaime has that deadly combination of wit and talent! Congrats, Jaime! Can't wait to read the new book (and sharpen my negotiating skills).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, sweet Kirby! I tried to leave a comment earlier but it went into the ether, the pub date was pushed back to May to release with Lisa's adult novel, so I don't think it's out yet—or I should be panicking! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete