Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Howling Good News

Near the end of 2012, I was asked by Scholastic if I would be willing to contribute a short story to an anthology they were putting together, with proceeds to benefit Red Rover. Their motto: "Bringing animals from crisis to care." Not only do the Red Rover folks pitch in during times of crisis (like the recent tornadoes), they also have an arm that connects kids, books and dogs. Pretty great, huh? It took me all of two seconds to say yes. Later, I learned that I was joining a "pack" of writers including such luminaries as Lois Duncan and Norman Bridwell. Wow.

The story's long been written and revised and now I have permission to share the cover:



Lucky Dog will be available in spring of 2014. I hope you'll "fetch" a copy to support this great cause.

2 comments: