Thursday, January 15, 2015

Throwback Thursday

Like many of you, I look forward to seeing what this new year will bring. This wasn't the case for the Japanese and Japanese Americans living on the West Coast as they greeted 1942. Things were changing dramatically and even items as innocent as cameras and maps were being confiscated from them, as evidenced by this article from the January 6, 1942 issue of the Seattle Daily Times.


My books Dash and The Fences Between Us both explore what happened to the people of Japanese descent living in the Puget Sound region during WWII if you'd like to read more about this slice of history.



1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading Dash. I didn't know about The Diary of Piper Davis. I will definitely check it out. Thanks for telling me about it.

    ReplyDelete