Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Teacher Tuesday

Please welcome today's guest, Tara Smith, a 6th grade teacher from New Jersey. We're dying to know how you would answer the Teacher Tuesday quiz, Tara. So let's get started!

Please fill in the blank: You should never read and blank at the same time.

You should never read and try to do anything else at the same time.  Reading requires all of you  to step into another world.

If you were invited to be on Oprah, what book would you bring for her to read?

Margaret Wild's Fox - to show her that children's book authors are on to something powerful - children can be deep thinkers given the invitation and the respect to do so.

What is the funniest book you’ve read?

I guess I am a grouch - I don't read funny books (but I guess I should start to!)

What is the saddest?

The Bluest Eye  by Toni Morrison.  Pecola Breedlove's story is one that I will never forget.

Favorite reading snack/beverage?

Starbuck's venti skim chai - hot in the winter, iced in the summer. It goes so perfectly with reading...plus I love crunching on the ice on a hot summer day.

What’s next on your TBR list?


An alumna of my sixth grade classroom, now a junior in college, sent me a collection of her short stories - I'll be reading these with much love and pride.

Teachers, librarians, reading coaches, principals, custodians, lunch ladies, anyone with school connections: Please play along! Email me here and I'll get you the questions so you, too, can be featured on Teacher Tuesday. 

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful feeling for a teacher to be able to read a story collection written by a former student. What an impact Tara must have had on her writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read Fox, but I will now. I always find new things to read on Teacher Tuesday. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete