Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Teacher Tuesday


Today's quiz participant is Kristi Leland, from Queen Anne Elementary in my good old hometown of Seattle Washington. Thanks for playing Kristi!

Please fill in the blank. You should never read and blank at the same time.

You should never read and try to listen to your 10 year old daughter's story.  You'll always get an eye roll in the end.

If you were invited to be on Oprah, what book would you bring for her to read?

Either Upside Down in the Middle of Nowhere, by  Julie Lamana, or I'll Give You the Sun, by Jandy Nelson.  Oprah book club for kids, of course.

What is the funniest book you’ve read?

Kids: Wayside School is Falling Down, Louis Sachar
Adults: Where'd You Go Bernadette?, Maria Semple

What is the saddest?

Moloka'i by Alan Brennert.  I seriously cried for two days of my vacation in Hawaii reading this book.

Favorite reading snack/beverage?

Coffee and a cookie, or chips and a diet coke.  Depends on what time of day I'm reading.

What’s next on your TBR list?

Stella by Starlight by Sharon M. Draper

Teachers, librarians, reading coaches, principals, custodians, lunch ladies, anyone with school connections: Please play along! Email me here and I'll get you the questions so you, too, can be featured on Teacher Tuesday. 

1 comment:

  1. My TBR list grows every longer. Thanks for the suggestions. I always look up the books listed here and read about them. Moloka'i brought to mind Healing Water by Joyce Moyer Hofstetter, a book I highly recommend.

    ReplyDelete