Monday, January 19, 2009

Hot Women Redux

Okay. Awhile back, I had a temper tantrum about the Hot Men of Children's Literature. For a time, I honored the Hot Women of Children's Literature. We are all so over that now. But my first honoree, Mitali Perkins, was in town yesterday so I just have to acknowledge her once again.

It figures: I read the calendar wrong and showed up an hour late so missed Mitali's words of wisdom (according to Lori Ann Grover, ReaderGirlz diva, Mitali described her newest book in these three words: Sisters, Secrets and Sacrifice -- ooh. Can't wait to dive in!) but Mitali still found it in her huge heart to give me a hug and sign a book for me.

My husband, who had never met Mitali before, told me (about one million times) what a good person she was. And not simply because she invited me to Boston and told me she'd arrange a big booksigning if I'd come. No, Mitali radiates goodness.

If you're reading this blog, you know I'm listening to "The Spoken Word: British Writers." Well, a day or so ago, I copied down this pearl from E.M. Forster: "Art is a self-contained harmony." I'm still not sure what it means, but I think Mitali might represent it.

Go read her work for yourself and see what I mean.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you've convinced me. I'll be heading to the library today. :o)

    ReplyDelete