Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The "Highlight" of the month!

Back in the dark ages, I taught a class on writing for children at our local community college. It was a blast (but please don't tell the students I learned more from them than they did from me!) and I found the incomparable joy in seeing many who had been discouraged from writing find their voices, find the stories only they could tell.

After several years at the college, I moved the class to my home so it could be more of a cozy seminar. A handful of those students couldn't get enough of being together so they bonded into a critique group called the Good Eggs, and are still meeting, even though I have long retired from teaching.

One of the very first sales of the group was by Karen Meissner, who just emailed me to say her story is finally (!) in the December 09 Highlights Magazine,
at least two years after it was accepted for publication.

You can't see me, but I am doing my happy dance. You, go, Karen!

No comments:

Post a Comment