Thursday, November 28, 2013

From the Office of the Future of Reading


Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by 

another human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to 

those who have rekindled this light.

Albert Schweitzer

On this day of Thanksgiving, I am extremely grateful for all of my guest bloggers for The Office of the Future of Reading. I can't tell you how many times my light has gone out in the past year -- dimmed by a bad review, a bad day of writing, bad news. 

But then a blog post will show up in my mailbox and I read about another of the millions of ways this country's amazing and dedicated and professional teachers and librarians work to connect kids with books, to build lifelong readers, to build community around literature, and my light is rekindled.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of the eighty plus educators who are sharing themselves this year on this blog. Be sure to treat yourself to that second piece of pie.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Kirby! Loved seeing you at NCTE. Hope this winter season kicks that fall one to the curb. :)

    ReplyDelete