Friday, January 15, 2010

Tin Lizzies and Hearts of Gold


Do you know what I love about poking around in the past? All the great people with hearts of gold who are so willing to share what they know with a complete stranger.

I had read that flat tires were a common frustration with Model A cars/trucks -- I'm sure because of the rough roads in the 20s and 30s. But I had no idea how the average traveler would repair such a flat.

For yucks, I googled Model As and guess what? There is a Model A fan club, complete with really nice guys (and gals, too, I'm sure, but the person I heard from was a guy) willing to give me a lesson on changing and repairing a flat.

Too bad the club's in California. . .otherwise I might have been bold enough to ask to be taken for a spin!

No comments:

Post a Comment