Saturday, September 24, 2011

Old Favorites?


I had lunch recently with a fellow bookworm. Every time we're together, it's a breathless exchange of "Have you read this?" and "You've got to read that." Maybe the turning leaves put us in a school days frame of mind, but we got to riffing on books we'd loved as kids. I'm not saying these books stand up to the test of time, but I loved Mrs. Wiggs of the Cabbage Patch, the Eleanor Cameron Mushroom Planet books and biographies about famous people, most of which contained invented dialogue and white-washed facts. But I didn't care!
Not sure which of my 3 siblings decorated the first pages
What are some of your golden oldies?

2 comments:

  1. I loved Mrs. Piggly Wiggle books! I loved those "whisper sticks" and "never want to go to bedders, all night Parcheesi game players!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how could I forget Mrs. Piggle Wiggle! I adored her, too.

    ReplyDelete